1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
1. Do you like a sound or music playing when you sleep?
2. If you could trade lives with a fictional character, who would it be?
3. Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
4. A song you don't particularly like, but you keep coming back to.
5. Would you rather be good at origami or juggling?
6. Which martial art style would you most like to learn?
7. When you're hungry, do you get up and eat right away or do you put it off?
8. Describe your favourite shirt.
9. What's your favourite movie or book genre?
10. If you were given the opportunity to go on a year-long, round-the-world, all expenses paid tour at the cost of five years of your life, would you do it?
11. A briefcase shows up on your doorstep every morning. It's a little bigger each day, and always filled with hundred dollar bills. The catch is that in order for the next briefcase to show up, you have to have given away every single bill in the previous one. How many briefcases would you give away?
12. For the next hour, everything you do has no effect on the rest of your life. What do you do?
13. Would you rather be able to sing or dance?
14. You can change one of your bodily features. Which one do you pick?
15. Do you like poetry (and favourite poem if you do)?
Easter Island’s Statues Reveal Bodies Covered With Unknown Ancient Petroglyphs
21 January, 2014
MessageToEagle.com - Standing some 2,000 miles west of Chile, on the Easter Island, 887 mysterious giant statues have intrigued scientists and the public for years.
For a long time it was believed that the massive statutes consisted of just the heads.
However, in October 2011, when the Easter Island Statue Project began its Season V expedition, scientists could reveal remarkable photos showing that the bodies of the statues go far deeper underground than just about anyone had imagined.
Project director Jo Anne Van Tilburg said: “Our EISP excavations recently exposed the torsos of two 7m tall statues.
The statutes on Easter Island have bodies covered with ancient undeciphered petroglyphs.
"We found a round, deep post hole into which the Rapa Nui had inserted a tree trunk," she said. Van Tilburg said ropes were attached to the tree trunk and to the partially carved statue. "We found a rope guide that was actually carved into the bedrock near the statue." The Rapa Nui then used the tree trunk to raise the statue upright. Before the statue was upright, they carved its front. Once it stood erect, they finished the back, Van Tilburg explained.
The excavation team also found about 800 grams of natural red pigment —nearly two pounds —in the burial hole, along with a human burial. Van Tilburg believes the pigment was used to paint the statues, just as the Rapa Nui used pigment to paint their bodies for certain ceremonies.
The unusually large amount of pigment found indicates that it might have been used by a priest or chief, perhaps as part of mortuary practice, she said. Human bones were found throughout the dig, indicating that people buried their dead around the statues.
Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of visitors to the island have been astonished to see that, indeed, Easter Island statues have bodies!
More important, however, we discovered a great deal about the Rapa Nui techniques of ancient engineering.”
Among their discoveries, the team discovered:
· The dirt and detritus partially burying the statues was washed down from above and not deliberatelyplaced there to bury, protect, or support the statues
· The statues were erected in place and stand on stone pavements
· Post holes were cut into bedrock to support upright tree trunks
· Rope guides were cut into bedrock around the post holes
· Posts, ropes, stones, and different types of stone tools were all used to carve and raise the statues upright
The two “heads” in the quarry where Van Tilburg’s team dug are standing figures with torsos, truncated at the waist, that have become partially buried by eroded dirt and detritus over centuries.
The team also discovered that ceremonies were certainly associated with the statues.
On the project website, Van Tilburg said: “We found large quantities of red, some of which may have been used to paint the statues.
Finally, and perhaps most poignantly, we found in the pavement under one statue a single stone carved with a crescent symbol said to represent a canoe, or vaka.
The backs of both statues are covered with petroglyphs, many of which are also vaka.
A direct connection between the vaka symbol and the identity of the artist or group owning the statue is strongly suggested.”
Still, many of these ancient petroglyphs remain undeciphered and the history of one of the most remote islands in the world is now even more mysterious than ever.
Image credit: EISP.ORG
OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME!
I can’t stop watching this. Its incredible how everybody else in the car ducks down after President Kennedy is shot, except Jackie. She puts her arm around him and doesn’t even think to lower herself.
I don’t know how to feel about seeing this because it’s the first time . And
I think this is what Michele would do..
We made a blanket fort last night then played borderlands for hours.
congrats to all of us for being the first generation to grow up online
I bet you there are scientists somewhere, watching us like:
oh my god, my heart stopped because I thought he spilled it on the laptop
^I think that says a lot
Inspired by The Female Armor Bingo, I present to you my short guide to armor bust areas, to better help you decide what to wear :P
Any resemblance to particular armors, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Well… mostly.
So glad my bingo game caught on and inspired you! Amazing job!
This is so awesome, reminds me of Tica’s breakdown of the most typical MMORPG costumes on repair-her-armor. Always great to have more guides through stupid design tropes for future reference!
If you’re going to continue this into a series, please link all the following parts once they’re done (guessing the butt area would be next to go ;P)!